"It only takes a not-perfect mother to raise a happy child."
This workshop is not just another workshop to tell you what you are doing wrong. It’s a focus on what you are doing right. But most of all, it’s a gathering of parents that want to come to terms with a not-perfect role and to find peace and balance in their parenting life.
Get confident in your parent role. Enjoy the most of your family life. Learn useful tools to make your children less scared and more confident. Get rid of the "guilty" feeling of "always doing something wrong". Learn how to diminish the “unwelcome” behavior and enhance some good habits.
Five meetings which aim to cover these main points:
1. Introductory meeting - General Q&A -Empowering the foundation. The couple vs the couple with kids = Adjust to the new circumstances. Achieve more satisfaction from a marriage with children. The divorce. How to deal with it in front of the kids and together with them.
2. -When to say "No". (*Special Guest Speaker: Eleni Fydanidou, Child Psychologist) Boundaries and Assertiveness. Transforming undesired habits to good behavior. -"Why are you sad? I have no idea.." Guide your children through difficult emotions: anger, sadness. Recognizing emotions and coping with them. Emotional Intelligence.
3. -"Can you please lower the volume?". (*Special Guest Speaker: Natasa Panidou, Child Psychologist) My teenagers. How to deal with adolescence. Be prepared for a rebellion in your house. -"What if I don't make it?" Help your child deal with shyness, lack of self-confidence, decision-making. Build strong, independent characters.
4. -Raising strong and healthy kids. (*Special Guest Speaker: Meggan Sullivan, Personal Trainer) How to motivate the kids to eat healthier? The role of a healthy and balanced diet in their physical development. Easy stretching and exercising to keep them fit daily. -"I feel guilty for going to work." Working parent. - The parent that does the household. How to bring the balance. The role of father.
5. -"My child's school performance is worrisome". From dealing with gifted kids until school failure. -The Third Culture Kid. How kids react and feel before, during and after every transition. Practical skills and developmental issues that strengthen the child in every transition.
5 weekly meetings
FEES: 72€ per meeting (INCLUDING: Handouts & Coffee break nibbles)
PLACE: The Hague - Leiden LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE - REGISTER NOW